We have been involved in a LOT of email campaigns in our time. Here are our top 10 tips to ensure your email marketing campaigns are a success:
- Don’t think about your database when writing. Write as if you’re sending to an individual to give it a personal touch.
- Build trust. Be clear about what you’re going to send people when they sign up.
- Make sure users benefit from your emails. Be it through inspirational messaging, hints and tips or even something as simple as making them laugh, be generous.
- Don’t be pushy. Clear calls-to-action are obviously important, but lead the user to them gently rather than focussing all content on the conversion.
- Don’t be a time waster. Only send emails when you have something valuable to say.
- Make it look good. A great email isn’t too text heavy and is designed to be both appealing and practical, making sure it looks good and is clear even if the recipient has images turned off.
- Tempt users in. Your subject line should be appealing, simple and clear so people know what they will gain from reading but still have a reason to open the email.
- Experiment. The way to improve is often through trial and error, so don’t be afraid to try something new.
- Do your research. Subscribe to emails from various companies and check out what they’re doing for some hints and tips.
- Be natural. Don’t over-think the marketing or the desired result; allow your emails to flow like a face-to-face conversation.
We hope this guide helps you to create beautiful, well-written and successful email marketing campaigns. If you need a hand or would like to see a few examples of our previous email campaigns, get in touch!